Product Manager, M-DAQ
About M-DAQ Pte. Ltd.
M-DAQ builds over-the-top (OTT) applications to facilitate cross-border business for various industries. These include securities markets, e-Commerce platforms and payment solutions providers. M-DAQ achieves this through our proprietary technology, together with the remittance license awarded by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. M-DAQ was awarded “Best Tech Company To Work For 2019” by Singapore Computer Society (SCS).
M-DAQ is a high-growth FinTech start-up that focuses on proprietary best-in-class corporate FX solutions across Asia. We have to date processed over $10 billion in FX transactions and generated hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue for our partners and savings for their end-customers. Having recently concluded our Series D financing round, we have exciting plans to leverage our FX expertise in even more verticals.
- Have a positive impact to the world’s economy by creating a World without Currency BordersTM
- Team Innovation Mindset, People-Oriented
- Challenging environment, offering great opportunities to learn and grow
- Creative and Innovative Workplace
M-DAQ is currently looking for an experienced Product Manager in the Foreign Exchange space with strong technology skills. Having Project Management skills as well as Product Management, would be an advantage.
The position is within the Strategic Product Development team which works very closely among all the M-DAQ Products and tries to leverage knowledge and related developments so as to build efficiently and avoid duplication.
The primary objective of the role is to build effective bridges among the Vision of M-DAQ, the Client requirements, the Treasury needs and the Development and Infrastructure teams to monetise on our technology investments and innovation. The ideal candidate should possess a unique blend of business and technical knowledge to manage the entire product lifecycle. The ability to be flexible, creative and think out of the box is essential.
- Close cooperation with Business Development and Treasury
- Be the interface between business and technology, and therefore translate business needs and concepts to IT managers and developers, while managing business expectations in accordance to technological constraints
- If required by the specific project, write detailed business requirements documents (BRDs); evaluate and approve FRDs (functional requirements documents) as and when those are submitted by IT
- Monitor the PL of the Product and construct with BD business cases with clear ROI data in order to secure the necessary funding
- Create high level test cases and detailed scripts within those test cases, so that IT can perform effective systems testing. Monitor progress of all stages of testing to production and ensure that Product releases operate smoothly with as few bugs as possible
- Prioritise bug fixing and new requirements. Create a Product roadmap that gets agreed by stakeholders. Provide frequent updates of the roadmap and weigh the cost of adjustments with changes in business imperatives
- Unless there is a Project Manager assigned, track the overall project schedule and update stakeholders on the progress
- Identify and assess the feasibility of new product ideas or business solution
- Ensure that stakeholders are regularly updated with progress. Operate in an environment of trust and teamwork within which tough choices can be justified and explained and accepted by stakeholders
- Work closely with various teams like technology, operations, risk, legal and compliance to build, test and roll out a product that delivers value to the business
- Be overall responsible for the successful delivery of the product
- Be the company’s subject-matter expert in the space in which the product exists
- Conduct market analysis and identify potential business opportunities
- Be involved in preparing business plan/proposal and sales/marketing presentation
- Have a deep understanding of the target market customer needs
Desired Skill Set and Attributes
- A Degree in Business / Finance / Technology or related field would be an advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a product manager or project manager role
- Well-versed in domain areas like Spot FX and payments. Understanding of digital wallets, cards, cash management and crypto currencies would be an advantage
- Knowledge of FX Forwards, Swaps, Prime Brokerage and Currency Options would be a distinct advantage
- Detail oriented, resourceful and a self-starter who is proactive and takes initiative
- Strong communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and leadership skills to lead multiple cross functional projects
- Sharing and spreading knowledge with the other Product Owners and the rest of the company
- Good written communication skills and product management skills
- Good understanding of technology and familiar with Agile software development process
What We Offer:
M-DAQ offers competitive remuneration including employee stock options and employee benefits.
Please send your CV in confidence to
|Senior Software Engineer (Java)||Singapore|
|Head of Operations||Singapore|
|Senior Software Engineer (Java) – Cards||Singapore|
|Software Engineer (Java) - Cards Payment||Singapore|
|Software Engineer (Java)||Singapore|
|Software Engineer (Java) Sri Lanka||Singapore|
|Software Engineer (Java) - Treasury||Singapore|
|Senior Software Engineer (Java) - Treasury||Singapore|
|Mid-Level Software Engineer (Java)||Singapore|
|UI/UX Designer (Prototype Designer) COE||Singapore|