Head of Business Development, China
About M-DAQ Pte. Ltd.
M-DAQ builds over-the-top (OTT) applications to facilitate cross-border business for various industries. These include securities markets, e-Commerce platforms and payment solutions providers. M-DAQ achieves this through our proprietary technology, together with the remittance license awarded by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. M-DAQ was awarded “Best Tech Company To Work For 2019” by Singapore Computer Society (SCS).
M-DAQ is a high-growth FinTech start-up that focuses on proprietary best-in-class corporate FX solutions across Asia. We have to date processed over $10 billion in FX transactions and generated hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue for our partners and savings for their end-customers. Having recently concluded our Series D financing round, we have exciting plans to leverage our FX expertise in even more verticals.
We are now looking for a Head of Operations (New Ventures), which is a new headcount, to join us in our next phase of growth. You will be given substantial trust and responsibility, along with opportunities to make a huge difference in our organisation.
- Have a positive impact to the world’s economy by creating a World without Currency BordersTM
- Team Innovation Mindset, People-Oriented
- Challenging environment, offering great opportunities to learn and grow
- Creative and Innovative Workplace
The Head of Business Development, China is responsible for driving the company’s business in China. He/She is responsible in identifying and developing new business opportunities, a solid and deep pipeline of significant deals, and to build and expand the presence of the company and its brand in China. On a day-to-day basis, the appointment holder needs to be able to work independently, initiate and close deals, maintain close management linkage with the company’s global HQ located in Singapore, establish priorities in leading sales and client relationships, develop new strategic partnerships and implement long-term objectives to meet business targets and KPIs. This is a role requiring self-motivation, flexibility, proactiveness and a professional demeanor.
- Lead sales and marketing efforts for the company’s products & services with Chinese clients;
- Proactively engage existing clients and acquire new clients to achieve set targets for sales, revenue, marketing pipeline and relationship management;
- In agreement with the Head of Business Development (HBD) and CEO, plan, promulgate and implement marketing and sales initiatives to grow revenue in target user market and geographic sectors in China;
- Work with the Strategic Product Management team in Singapore to define positioning strategies for all product lines;
- Through an in-depth understanding of client needs, identify new opportunities and market segments for the company’s products and solutions as well as new product requirements;
- Manage the annual renewal process, ensuring on-target retention of existing clients as well as organic growth of the existing business;
- Identify competitive threats and propose appropriate preemptive action;
- Develop and maintain technical and commercial awareness of the capabilities and use of the company’s products and solutions and their benefit to our Chinese clients.
- Degree in Business Management/Business Administration, Banking or Finance.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in Business Development, Sales or Marketing in one or more of the following sectors in China: Financial Services, Technology, Telecommunication, e-Commerce, Consumer, Travel, Hospitality.
- Proven revenue generating track record through business development, sales and/or marketing management.
- Good network and strong knowledge of the target markets.
- Good business acumen with excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Professional written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Good and effective interpersonal skills with executive presence, able to effectively establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise.
- Strong proven analytical, conceptual and strategic skills; able to foresee the market potential and develop strategies to grow the business.
- Highly independent, motivated, results-driven attitude.
What We Offer:
M-DAQ offers competitive remuneration including employee stock options and employee benefits.
M-DAQ offers competitive remuneration including employee stock options and employee benefits. In 2019, M-DAQ was recognised as the Best Tech Company To Work For.
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com.
Back to careers page
|Senior Software Engineer||Engineering||Singapore|
|Software Engineer (Graduate Technologist)||Engineering||Singapore|
|Site Reliability Engineer (CORE/SRE)||Site Reliability Engineering||Singapore|
|Associate Site Reliability Engineer||Site Reliability Engineering||Singapore|
|Treasury (FX, Settlements & Payments) Operations Analyst||Treasury||Singapore|
|Product Manager||Strategic Product Management||Singapore|
|Business Development Executive (Entry-Level)||Business Development||Singapore|
|Content Communications Manager||Marketing||Singapore|
|Sr Fraud Specialist / Fraud Risk Manager||Fraud Risk||Singapore|
|Sr Mobile Engineer||Engineering||Singapore|
|Software Engineer Intern||Engineering||Singapore|
|Site Reliability Engineer Intern||Site Reliability Engineering||Singapore|
|Data Science & Analytics Intern||Data Science & Analytics||Singapore|
|Graphic Design Intern||Graphic Design||Singapore|
|Analyst CORE/SRE||Site Reliability Engineering||Seoul, Korea
|Business Development Manager||Business Development||Seoul, Korea|
|Software Engineer||Engineering||Seoul, Korea|
|Business Development Associate||Business Development||Japan|
|Business Development Manager||Business Development||China|
|Human Resources Intern||Human Resources||Singapore|