HEAD OF COMPLIANCE
About M-DAQ Pte. Ltd.
We empower businesses in various industries to facilitate cross-border transactions with best-in-class FX solutions. We are a home-grown company and have embarked on a global growth plan to capture market opportunities and to create a new fintech ecosystem, focused on providing specialised technology-enabled financial services to enterprise customers and other downstream fintech clients. Since 2016, our Aladdin FX solution has processed nearly S$30 billion in cross-border transactions covering 45 markets globally and supported by two-thirds of the world’s foreign exchange liquidity, enabling eCommerce ecosystems such as AliExpress, Tmall, and JD.com.
Leading private equity firm Affinity Equity Partners invested S$200 million in our recent Series D round. Our other international strategic and financial investors include Ant Group, EDBI, NTT Communications, Samsung, and Kiwoom.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Compliance has always been a core priority at M-DAQ – our business reputation means everything to us. We are now looking for a new Head of Compliance to join us in our next phase of growth. Working closely with senior management, you will be given substantial trust and responsibility, along with opportunities to make a huge difference in our organisation.
This is a new leadership role. We are looking for a proactive Compliance leader who is not afraid of rolling up his or her sleeves in fulfilling our regulatory compliance and reporting requirements while leading and growing our compliance team in line with our business needs. Like us, you recognise that CDD, KYC, AML and CFT are more than just acronyms – they are critical in safeguarding our business reputation. At the same time, you are also commercially-objective and well-versed in managing internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Be responsible for developing and implementing a robust regulatory compliance framework across first and second line compliance responsibilities to ensure that M-DAQ & its group of companies meet their regulatory and financial service licence obligations.
• Design and implement policies, procedures, governance and internal controls to ensure licensing commitments and regulatory conditions are met and followed.
• Oversee M-DAQ’s efforts to combat financial economic crime, including anti-money laundering (AML), combating the financing of terrorism (CFT), sanctions and anti-bribery & corruption (ABC)
• Implement and maintain a robust customer due diligence (CDD)/know your customer (KYC) programme for the onboarding of new customers and regular review of existing customers to comply with all AML and CFT requirements.
• Continually develop, maintain and provide internal advice on M-DAQ’s compliance policies, handbooks and manuals
• Develop and implement an enterprise wide risk assessment framework to assess our inherent risks and control measures in collaboration with other risk functions.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all regulatory compliance matters
• Support internal and external audits from our regulators, liquidity providers, audit partners and banking partners
• Support corporate governance matters
• Assist with other aspects of the business and special projects
Requirements and Qualifications
• Tertiary educational qualification, professional certification, with at least 10 years of relevant compliance experience in a payments institution, bank, government agency or other MAS-regulated financial institution or fintech
• Deep knowledge of and familiarity with regulatory compliance requirements and relevant regulations
• Solid experience building and implementing compliance programmes, policies and procedures
• Proficiency with compliance management, name-screening and transaction monitoring software
• Proficiency in written and spoken English, familiarity with business, legal, policy, and financial documentation
• Sound business and commercial judgement
• Demonstrable ability in managing stakeholders, especially in the financial/payments space
• Driven personality to work in a fast-paced environment
• Collaborative and personable team player who enjoys interacting with different business units.
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com.
Back to careers page
|Scrum Master||Engineering - Scrum/Agile||Singapore|
|Senior Software Engineer (Java)||Engineering - Software Engineer||Singapore|
|Product Manager||Strategic Product Management||Singapore|
|Software Engineer (Java)||Engineering - Software Engineer||Singapore|
|QA Engineer||Engineering - QA Engineer||Singapore|
|Mid-Level Software Engineer (Java)||Engineering - Software Engineer||Singapore|
|Analyst Client Onboarding and Relation Extension / Site Reliability Engineer (CORE/SRE)||CORE / SRE||Singapore|
|Business Development Executive (Entry-Level)||Business Development||Singapore|
|Software Engineer Intern||Engineering - Software Engineer||Singapore|
|Corporate Finance & Strategy Intern||Corporate Finance & Strategy||Singapore|
|Data science/Analytics Intern||COE - Data Science||Singapore|
|Human Resources Intern||Human Resources||Singapore|
|Site Reliability Engineer Intern||CORE / SRE||Singapore|
|Marketing Intern||COE - Marketing||Singapore|
|Associate Site Reliability Engineer||CORE / SRE||Singapore|
|DevOps Engineer||ICS - DevOps||Singapore|
|Software Engineer||Engineering - Software Engineer||Seoul, Korea|
|Analyst CORE/SRE||CORE / SRE||Seoul, Korea
|Data Engineer||Engineering - Software Engineer||Singapore|
|Head of Compliance||COMPLIANCE||Singapore|